Customers using as their monitoring provider sometimes need to have the inverter driver changed in order to get the inverters on site to communicate with . If an inverter is not communicating, but the HMI firmware is known to work with one of the versions already loaded in by the team, then the only thing that should need to happen is for the correct driver in to be selected and applied to the inverter(s). (All of assumes that on-site communications wiring and addressing are correct!)
Unlike many other monitoring platforms, allows for end-user selection of these drivers, and Solis tech support staff can make the necessary changes if the customer their login credentials. This is a simple process that can be completed by the following steps:
- Log in to at https://apps.alsoenergy.com/Account/login
- After logging in, select the customer’s plant from the list of plants displayed (if multiple present). This will bring you to that plant’s dashboard. From the dashboard, you will be able to follow the sequence of screenshots and instructions below.
- In the plant monitoring interface, select “Hardware.” (Sometimes, you must select “More Views” in order to see the “Hardware” option.)
- Click the wrench and screwdriver image adjacent to the inverter in question (must be done for each inverter):
- After selecting the wrench for a particular device, navigate to the “Basic” tab, and then select “Driver”:
- HMI Versions 0F and below the standard Modbus protocol. For this protocol, select the first driver: “Canadian Solar Inverter ()”
- For HMI versions 11 and above, choose from one of two Driver options:
- Note: Drivers indicate 50kW, but are compatible with 25kW-66kW inverters.
- Option 1: “Canadian Solar Inverter 50kW ( Controls)”
- Note: this driver does not work, try the other driver (Option 2)
- Option 2: “ Inverter ()”
- After the desired driver is selected, click “Save” at the top right-hand corner of the page.
- After saving the new driver setting, wait approx. 5-15 minutes and verify that data from the inverter is being pulled into . Then, proceed to update drivers of any other inverters at the plant that are also not communicating.