The setup process for the Solis Data Logger is fairly similar to the Cellular Data Logger's process. You will need to have the app downloaded on your phone.
- Unscrew the protective cap over the green COM port on the bottom of the inverter's wire box. Then plug the Data Logger into the port and be sure to secure it by tightening the black connector.
- Open the app on your phone. If you have not already been registered on , please see Step 18: Monitoring Platform
- It is highly recommended to first connect your phone to the home network that you wish to connect the logger to. This is to (1) ensure you have the correct password and (2) ensure there is a strong enough signal at the inverter for there to be a stable connection.
- If the connection is weak (1-2 bars) then it is recommended to install a range extender to boost the signal strength where the logger is going to be.
If you have a account already, then please follow the steps below to create a plant and commission a Solis data logger to the system.
- Tap the Plant icon in the bottom left corner of the screen
- Tap the plus sign in the top right corner and then tap "Add Plant"
- Fill in all of the required fields on the "Create Plant" page and then tap "Done" in the top right corner
- Tap "Create Plant" to finish making a system in - tap "View Plant" once it gives you a big check mark
- When the plant page opens, you will receive a message saying "No datalogger was added, please add a datalogger" tap "Add" if the data logger is plugged into the bottom of the inverter
- A scanner will automatically come up. Scan the bar code on the logger [note: a cellular logger is shown in the photo but it has the same scanning process as the logger]
- Tap "OK" in the top right corner once the logger serial number shows up
- You should see a message that says "Bound Successfully" and now you will need to set up the logger on the local network.
- Start by opening your settings and then connecting to the network that starts with "AP" - this is the logger's local network which allows you to link it to the home network.
- Once you've connected to the "AP" network, return to and then look for the home network that you wish to connect the logger to. Enter the password for the network and then tap "Next"
- Note: the Solis logger can only connect to 2.4 GHz networks and is unable to connect to 5 GHz networks.
- Note: the logger is unable to connect to any network that uses symbols in the password. If there are symbols in the password, it must be changed or the logger will not connect to it.
- The next screen should say "Configuration Complete" and you may tap "OK (3/3)" to finish up the commissioning
- The system needs between ten and fifteen minutes to send first report in, so please wait until the system begins to show data on before leaving the site