This article is a guide for how to properly set up your Solis inverter with a Solis Cellular Data Logger. The process is very similar to the logger setup. For a complete list of which US Cellular Carriers (Providers) the Solis Cellular Logger is compatible with, please see the attached document called "". For the list of Canadian Cellular Providers, please review the attached document "Solis_DLS-C_Canadian_Carrier_Sheet".
If you are replacing the data logger with a different one, please see the article
- Unscrew the protective cap over the green COM port on the bottom of the inverter's wire box. Then plug the Cellular Data Logger into the port and be sure to secure it by tightening the black connector.
- Open the app on your phone. If you have not already been registered on , please see Step 18: Monitoring Platform
- If you have a account already, then please follow the steps below to create a plant and commission a Solis data logger to the system.
- Tap the Plant icon in the bottom left corner of the screen
- Tap the plus sign in the top right corner and then tap "Add Plant"
- Fill in all of the required fields on the "Create Plant" page and then tap "Done" in the top right corner
- Tap "Create Plant" to finish making a system in - tap "View Plant" once it gives you a big check mark
- When the plant page opens, you will receive a message saying "No datalogger was added, please add a datalogger" tap "Add" if the Cellular Data Logger is plugged into the bottom of the inverter
- A scanner will automatically come up. Scan the QR code on the Cellular Logger to populate the serial number.
- Tap "OK" in the top right corner once the logger serial number shows up
- You will see a message saying "Bound Successfully" with options to either continue to configure or view the plant
- Since the configuration process is only for the and LAN loggers, you will not need to do this
- Tap "View Plant" and then give the system about ten to fifteen minutes or less to show data on
- Note: it does take at least five to ten minutes to show up on the plant under "Devices > Dataloggers"