Most current HMI firmware version: 0C as of August 22nd, 2022
For the following inverter models: RHI-1P5K-HVES-5G-US, RHI-1P6K-HVES-5G-US, RHI-1P7K-HVES-5G-US, RHI-1P7.6K-HVES-5G-US, RHI-1P8K-HVES-5G-US, RHI-1P9K-HVES-5G-US, RHI-1P10K-HVES-5G-US
Note: A Solis Update Stick is required in order to perform DSP and HMI firmware updates. Please reach out to your distributor or to Solis US Service to obtain an Update Stick.
Solis inverters have two kinds of firmware: Digital Signal Processor (DSP) and Human-Machine-Interface (HMI)
Solis Update Stick
Be sure that the AC breaker is turned off when doing the firmware update. You may instead go to Advanced Settings> Password: Down, Down, Up, Enter > go to Switches > highlight Off > press Enter
The inverter cannot be generating while performing an HMI update
Steps on how to update the hybrid HMI firmware:
- Plug a USB flash drive into a laptop
- Right click on the flash drive and then click "Reformat" make sure the File System is FAT32
- Click Start and then when the message "Format Complete" comes up click OK
- Open the .zip file attached to this page
- Drag and drop the HMI.bin file onto the flash drive
- Right click the drive and then click “Eject”
- Plug the flash drive into the bottom of the Solis Update Stick
- Plug the Update Stick with the flash drive into the green "COM" port on the bottom of the inverter. This port is protected by a black screw cap that can be removed by spinning it counter-clockwise.
- Make sure that the inverter is in standby: go to Advanced Settings > Switches > highlight OFF - press Enter. You can alternatively turn the AC breaker off. Bottom line, the inverter cannot be generating power during the update.
- Temporarily remove any RS485 wires that may be landed in the communication pins from the Acrel and the battery.
- Also be sure that the Address of the inverter is set to 1 (located in Settings)
- Once the update stick is plugged in, a green and light red should come on
- Press and hold the "Reset" button on the back of Update Stick for a few seconds to change the lights on the stick from red/green to red/amber. Hold the Reset button down for a few seconds one more time to turn all three lights on. The update stick's red, green, and amber lights should all be lit up now.
- Go to Advanced Settings > Software Update (in the top right corner) - press Enter
- Go to HMI Update press Enter and then when it is displaying the "Current Version" press Enter one more time
- Press the Reset button on the Update Stick. The green and amber lights will flash rapidly for several seconds and then they will flash slowly. The red light will stay solid the entire time.
- The inverter screen will go black for a bit, this is normal. The green and amber lights on the Stick and the green Operation light on the inverter will slowly flash for about five minutes.
- Note: If the green and amber lights flash and then go off, the files on the flash drive are either incorrect or not named properly. There should be only one file called "HMI.bin" unless the icon is the Google Chrome symbol. In that case, the file should be named "HMI" on the flash drive.
- When the update is finished, the Operation light on the inverter will stop flashing and then go off. The green, red, and amber lights on the Stick will be solid (no longer flashing).
- Check the Current Version in the Software Update menu to verify that it has changed to the new version. However, do not hit Enter when you are at this screen, just hit the Escape button. If you hit Enter then the inverter will try to run another HMI update
- You can now unplug the update stick and screw the black protective cap back on the Com port. If a Solis datalogger is being used then you may now reconnect the datalogger. Please give the system about fifteen to thirty minutes to begin reporting to SolisCloud once again.